If you’ve ever received a piece of jewelry with sentimental value, you’ll probably always remember who gave it to you, where you were and maybe even what they said. Giving jewelry as a gift is a wonderful idea – it can be meaningful, but also very practical – even for the most “hard to shop for” people on your Christmas list. Here are six reasons why jewelry makes a great gift:
- Jewelry is lasting. Jewelry is more than a purchase – it’s an investment that can actually appreciate in value. Plus, most family heirlooms are pieces of jewelry that pass from one generation to the next. You could start a new family tradition.
- It sends the right message. Giving jewelry as a gift can help you share how you feel when you can’t find the right words. Nothing says “forever” like a diamond!
- It’s customizable. Jewelry is extremely customizable. You can find or create custom pieces that represent a loved one’s personality, color preferences or style. To make your gift even more personal and one-of-a-kind, have it engraved with a special date, word or phrase.
- It’s versatile. No matter what your taste or budget, you can find an item to suit your needs. Plus, jewelry is appropriate for every age and gender. Rings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets, earrings and watches – there’s something more everyone.
- Bonus points for presentation. Part of giving jewelry is setting the stage – and you can make the presentation just as special as the gift! This Christmas, give a ring in an ornament, tie it to mistletoe, or put it in the bottom of a stocking – and have your loved one open it last.
- Jewelry surprises and delights. As we mentioned in the opening paragraph – few things are as memorable as receiving jewelry from a loved one. And even though it has always been a great gift – jewelry will continue to elicit surprised gasps and happy tears for years to come.